A Note about the Future of Schmooze
A message from our founder.
ACT: Diploma of Project Management
Monday 17 March at 0900-1630
A Note about the Future of Schmooze
I thought I'd give you a quick update on where my thinking is at as we head towards the 30 June milestone.
As I flagged late last year, this will be the last few months as Schmooze in its current form. After 10.5 years (as it will be then) its time to take to call last drinks and reflect on all we've achieved in that time.
The world is a very different place in 2014 from 2003 when I started the company, and to ensure its match-fit for another 10 years I've decided it will get a major rebuild from the business model up to reflect a whole new set of market challenges including multiple demands on our professional lives.
We still grow each month across all our metrics (members, site visits, social media etc) so I'd rather jump and be proactive rather than be pushed by the marketplace. I take some pride in being innovative and ahead of the curve, so you can file this under that.
So what this means for you:
# Its business as usual in every aspect until 30 June- we'll be doing our best to give our members and guests great experiences, support and services.
# There will be no memberships offered or renews from the end of April (except the Virtual package)
# All memberships (except Virtual) will terminate on 30 June.
# There will be no events or activities post 30 June.
# We plan to offer the virtual membership package post June 30 so members can advertise via all our social media and website calendar.
We'll then go into deep think-tank/workshop mode to rebuild Schmooze, keeping the special things and spirit you all value with a view of a relaunch in 2015 at some point.
You will have an opportunity to contribute to that work.
So I encourage you to make the most of these last months as we count down to the end of Schmooze!!
New and renewing members
The Schmooze community is a diverse collection of companies, sole traders, not-for-profits, associations and government agencies.
Here's a list of who's come on board recently.
- Alzheimer's Australia
- A Memorable Impression Events
- Capital Region Premium Tours
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance ACT
- Kaye Leigh Green
- Style Liberation
- Sideria Management
- Techovibes Consultancy
- The Canberra Centre
- The National Gallery of Australia
- The Performance Imperative
- Wisdom Learning
- White Knight Unmanned Aerial Systems
To join please see this page.
Opportunities in 2014
Now's the time to make your plans to make the most of the new year for your business and career!
We'll be offering a fantastic program from January to June in the last 6 months as Schmooze in its current incarnation.
After June 30 we'll be regenerating to a new form (but stay true to our spirit and mission) so this is your last chance to make most of our unique program and services.
There are several ways you can be part of our 2014 Canberra Program as a member:
- Host one of the 6 Monthly Schmooze networking soirees
- (February and June already reserved)
- Be a presenter at one of the 5 business skills workshops
- Host one of our 5 networking lunches and dinners
- Be our 2014 Artist in Residence
- Host or support pop-up social networking events for our members + guests
- Make special offers or post articles on our website
- Provide a lucky door prize for a monthly Schmooze or lunch/dinner
- Add your blog to our website
- Write up a guest review of an event
- Be part of our new Transition Program (see below)
- Featured Monthly Charity which we highlight one per each month (6 only).
Join Our Team
- Join our team as an intern (3 places only available)
- Be our staff photographer (2 places available only) - join as a member and enjoy a 50% discount!
- Alas, from 1 January 2014 we will no longer offer our program or services in Melbourne.
That's a Wrap for 2013
You can download a PDF version here.